At Cristal, we strive to be exemplary in our Safety, Health and Environmental
We manage our worldwide businesses and facilities focusing on the protection of
environment, and the safety and health of employees, contractors, customers, and
the public. We believe that all workplace injuries, illnesses and adverse environmental
impacts are preventable. Safety, Health, and Environmental Excellence is a global
value which unites our company and contributes to our sustainability.
In support of this policy, we are committed to:
Legislative & Standards Compliance
- Meet or exceed all applicable laws, regulations and company standards in those countries
where we do business.
Workplace and SHE Accountability
- Make safety, health, protection of the environment, and security the direct responsibility
and accountability of all employees, contractors and visitors. Working in a safe,
healthy, secure and environmentally responsible manner is a condition of employment
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace, operate our facilities in an environmentally
responsible manner and assure safe and secure supply chain practices.
- Promote and encourage safety, health and wellness programs on and off the job.
Safety, Health and Environmental Priorities
- Provide workplace policies, standards, procedures and training to ensure that employees
and contractors can perform their jobs in a safe, healthy and environmentally responsible
- Implement the principles of risk analysis and risk management in all areas of safety,
health and environmental protection.
- Establish focused efforts to preserve natural resources through rational utilization
of operating facilities and raw materials.
- Incorporate sustainability and product stewardship in our product and process development
efforts and decision-making process in a way that reduces the impacts of our products
and processes on the environment and develops new products that contribute to a
- Actively participate in communities and support our employees’ efforts to positively
impact the quality of life locally and beyond.
- Investigate incidents to determine root causes and take prompt and appropriate actions
to correct deficiencies. Communicate the knowledge gained and lessons learned to
prevent recurrence in the company.
- Periodically review the Safety, Health and Environmental Management System with
special emphasis on possible improvements.
Safety, Health and Environmental Excellence
- Establish Safety, Health and Environment measurable objectives to drive continual
improvement, and routinely communicate the progress against objectives.
- Promote discussion, sharing of best practices across all company facilities.
- Actively engage in dialog with our stakeholders to promote safety, health, security
and environmental outcomes which are mutually acceptable and fully compliant with